A shop window in the streets of Pienza catches my eye. It is the laboratory of Raffaella Zurlo, Ricreare Lab Shop, which recovers and transforms materials destined to be thrown away. Upcycling for Raffaella means looking at potential waste from another point of view. We chat with her about her creations and the world of creative recycling.
Not only that: she also tells us how she managed to create an Instagram profile that intrigues and pleasantly entertains on three different themes, in common they have the offer of artistically produced objects with less impact on the environment. In addition, she also reveals to us what it is like to deal with upcycling in this Tuscan country, entering the territory.
In the podcast episode you will discover:
- 01:11 – The incredible meeting with Raffaella!
- 03:40 – What Raffaella does (and what does upcycling mean, which is not recycling)
- 05:38 – Metals: what do they have to do with it?
- 06:44 – Respect for patina
- 07:00 – The emotion talking about Piero Angela
- 10:35 – Waldorf dolls: how they come from Raffaella’s hands and recovered materials
- 12:10 – Do you know what ‘scardacci’ are?
- 14:45 – The most beautiful things recovered by Raffaella
- 6:22 pm – When Jude Law sat here!
Tips for brands:
- 20:30 – What is it like to carry out upcycling projects in Pienza
- 23:33 – The pandemic: how Raffaella reacted
- 11:43 pm – How do you get to build a beautiful Instagram profile
- 26:07 – Relying on a professional
- 27:55 – How much time Raffaella dedicates to social media
- 29:28 – Advice for those who want to start upcycling
- 31.37 – Let’s talk about money
- 33:04 – On Clubhouse with Bottega di Cartone
Raffaella also recovers garments for children and adults.
Do you want to know more about upcycling and get to know other brands? You can download our free guide here> Upcycling: da rifiuto a tesoro